Pick a good time
What's a good times to talk about sex?
- Before you end up in bed together when things aren't tense or vulnerable.
- Sooner rather than later. Don't let things 'build-up'.
- When you've found a nice quiet, private place where you won't be interrupted.
- When TVs and mobiles are switched off.
- When you've had time to think about what you want to say.
- If you're struggling to find a good time, it's OK to agree a time in advance.
...And a bad time?
- Right after sex.
- When you're both stressed or distracted.
- When something else is about to happen
- When you've had a few drinks. You could end up saying something the wrong way.
- When emotions are running high and you're angry, frustrated or upset.
- Not necessarily the instant you think about it.